Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 ATH Eric Coley, son of D-Line coach Vinson Reynolds, commits to SU
Class of 2017 athlete Eric Coley committed to Syracuse on Saturday morning, he announced via Twitter.
— Eric Coley (DOBE) (@E_too_col) June 25, 2016
The 6-foot-1, 185-pound athlete is ranked by with three stars by Scout.com and does not have a star ranking from either 247Sports.com or Rivals.com. He started the season at Portage (Michigan) High School but then transferred to nearby Fayetteville-Manlius (New York) High School in February.
He transferred because his father is Vinson Reynolds, the new defensive line coach at Syracuse. Prior to that, he held the same position at Western Michigan from 2013-2015 and at Central Michigan from 2011-2012.
I am excited as a coach but over joyed as a parent to have the opportunity to coach my Son Eric Coley!🍊🍊🍊🏈🏈🏈 pic.twitter.com/TbaOh3fVaQ
— Vince Reynolds (@CoachReynolds81) June 25, 2016
According to his Hudl.com profile, Coley runs a 4.57 40-yard dash. His profile also says that he can bench press 300 pounds and squat 405.
Coley is the eighth class of 2017 commit for Syracuse and the fifth in the last week. He’s the first athlete in the 2017 recruiting class. He turned down offers from Bowling Green, Rutgers and Central Michigan, among others.
Track Syracuse’s class of 2017 here.
Here are Coley’s junior year highlights, via Hudl.
Published on June 25, 2016 at 12:28 pm
- Syracuse football recruiting: Track the Class of 2017
- Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 OL Dakota Davis commits to Orange
- Syracuse football recruiting: Class of 2017 wide receiver Nykeim Johnson commits to the Orange
- Class of 2017 3-star wide receiver Joshua Palmer commits to Syracuse
- Defensive end De'Jon Wilson transfers to Syracuse football from Colorado